Federation of Antenatal Educators
We are delighted to announce that The Mindful Birth Group® teacher training course is accredited by the Federation of Antenatal Educators (FEDANT).
What does this mean for parents and the teachers who train with us?
For parents, taking a course with a member teacher:
FEDANT provides a National Register of Antenatal Educators, Breastfeeding Counsellors, Doulas and CAM Practitioners who are all qualified and insured. The National Register lists a variety of professionals who may be qualified by different routes and with differing specialities; this provides the facility for you to choose who best meets your personal criteria.
Every Antenatal Educator on the National Register has met National Safety Criteria and provided evidence of their qualification/s and insurance. They have also agreed to abide by the FEDANT Code of Ethics which includes a commitment to maintain their skills with continuing professional development.
For professionals, training with us and joining our membership program:
Course accreditation is a ‘mark of quality’. Courses granted FEDANT NCAV accreditation are evidenced to be well structured, contain the core elements where applicable and are relevant to the profession.
- A FEDANT accredited course demonstrates success in satisfying the demanding requirements of the national regulatory body and the benchmarks of a respected quality assurance framework.
- FEDANT NCAV and NRSA courses have recognition within the industry, with employers and service commissioners. Accredited courses are listed on the Accredited Education Provider page of the FEDANT website.
- Accreditation shows commitment to professionalism in the field of Antenatal Education and willingness to engage with the wider professional and employer community.
- Students on the accredited course are entitled to use the reduced rate FEDANT Block Scheme Insurance policy for students whilst training.
- Graduates from applicable accredited courses have the right to apply for direct admission to the FEDANT National Register.
- Graduates from applicable accredited courses who attain FEDANT Registration are entitled to use the reduced rate FEDANT Block Scheme Insurance policy.
The Mindful Birth Group® FEDANT registration number is 1012421/235.
Are you a parent looking to book a course with us? Find out more here.
Are you interested in training with us as a teacher? Find out more here.
Related blog posts
Postnatal Depression and the Covid-19 Pandemic: An analysis of the latest research
In a recent study titled "The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on postnatal depression (2014–2020)," researchers examined the effects of the pandemic on postnatal depression rates in England. But has anything really changed?
Top Five Reasons Why All Dads Need Support Too!
Author and TV presenter Nigel Clarke says that when he had his first child, he didn't think he needed support as a dad. He knows a lot of men feel that way, but that couldn't be further from the truth!
Acupressure Combs for Labour
Acupressure is a natural way to help manage discomfort during labor, and using an acupressure comb is one way to apply pressure to certain points on the body. Here, Lily from Yuula Comb outlines how it works on your hands.
Instagram is where we share free Mindful Birth
related content straight to your feed.