- Free-of-charge for NHS midwives and student midwives
- Total time to complete online course: Approximately 4-5 hours.
- CPD hours awarded
The course content
- Individualising support: Different backgrounds, preferences and paths to parenthood. Includes relevant book recommendations to keep you up-to-date with what you need to know
- Understanding the mind-body connection
- Relaxation tools for parents
- Supporting the stages of labour and caesarean birth through the 5 senses
- Informed decision making
- Birth preferences and choices
To ensure you have understood everything you need to begin implementing the tools and techniques you will learn, we include a short question-based assessment which is not a pass/fail, but a basis for discussion if further support is required.
Once the assessment has been completed and reviewed, a certificate will be issued.