Training with The Mindful Birth Group® as a qualified doula
Many of your doula clients will be taking an antenatal or hypnobirthing course. They could continue their learning with you as a Mindful Birth Group® member teacher, and we know how beneficial it is to receive continuous care from the same person.
It’s another way to offer extremely fulfilling support to potential or existing doula clients and increase the opportunity to earn an income in a flexible and socially impactful way. All whilst being supported by us in the marketing of your courses, course materials and building of your business.
The Teacher Training Course
The FEDANT accredited antenatal and hypnobirthing training course equips you to support parents-to-be with evidence based, up-to-date and fully inclusive education and hypnobirthing tools and techniques.
We focus on the 3 Mindful Birth Group® pillars:
- Your options
- Your body
- Your mind
These areas cover ‘all births’, from home to abdominal birth and everything that could happen in between.
As well as the comprehensive antenatal and hypnobirthing practitioner training we also include training and resources to help you to truly individualise your support:
- Birth rights with Birth Rights charity
- Supporting LGBTQ+ parents
- Supporting trans pregnant parents
- Culture and diversity and the inequalities in maternity care
- Fertility journeys and pregnancy after baby loss
- Supporting parents who experience baby loss
- Supporting surrogacy teams
All of the training resources and events are accessed easily via the Teacher Hub which is available via a desktop and a handy mobile app.
Timing and format
The training courses are 80% self-paced e-learning over 4-6 weeks, with ongoing live support from Laura, our dedicated Teacher Training Coordinator. We hold 90 minute ‘huddles’ on Zoom with the training cohort each Monday evening for the 4 week duration.
2023 training date options:
- Starting 24th April
- Starting 5th June
- Starting 18th September
- Birth Bliss doulas receive 10% off of the £1194 training fee, payment plans are available.
- If you are not yet a qualified doula, you can save 15% off The Mindful Birth Group® course and the Birth Bliss Academy doula training courses if you book them at the same time.
The unique teacher membership program means that you are then supported to run and grow your business through:
- Marketing support through 8+ national Baby Shows and Baby & Toddler Shows per year, our multiple social platforms, influencer marketing, email marketing and our My Mindful Midwife® app
- Course listings and profile on the highly ranking website
- Community support from your fellow member teachers
- Annual in-person meet up and socialising at baby shows
- Dedicated WhatsApp group for the team
- Optional 1:1 mentoring
- Access to the online Teacher Hub where we keep resources up-to-date and easy to access.
- We free up your time to support expectant parents by providing you with course materials such as printed course guides, Zoom slides and affirmation cards for each of your clients
Teachers are given the geographical space to nurture and grow their course offering in their local areas. We assess each application to make sure teachers are not too close together based on population density and allocate areas on a first-come-first-served basis.
How you can offer the courses to doula clients
Doulas can opt to teach standalone group or private courses in-person or via Zoom. Or add a Mindful Birth Group® option to your doula package to include the hypnobirthing elements to the antenatal sessions. (Adding on approx. 3 hours and charging approx. £300 more to include hypnobirthing and access to the Parent Hub).
Other earning opportunities
We partner with organisations such as My Surrogacy Journey to provide their parents with antenatal and hypnobirthing courses. Teachers are allocated by location to the hospital trust and paid an hourly rate.
We also run a postnatal preparation session on Zoom for all parents taking the courses and we pay member teachers to run these sessions.
Finally, every parent gets access to a one hour postnatal doula session included in their course. The doula is paid £20 to run that virtual session with their clients.
For more details, please register on the Teacher Training Info Hub and book a 1:1 call to discuss joining the team.
See how we support parents by visiting our parent site here.